We’re an independent, non-profit community organisation. For over 30 years, people of the Gold Coast have come to us for free legal help. Our specialty is working with vulnerable clients to get the best possible outcomes.
The Gold Coast Community Legal Centre’s Management Committee adopted a Strategic Plan on 21st of June 2018. It outlines our mission, values and direction. It’s current from 2018 to 2021 and can be downloaded here.
The Centre’s Vision & Values Statement
- Dignity, human rights and social justice for people on the Gold Coast
- Build a just and inclusive society that values difference and diversity, and the rights of all people and their communities to the social and economic resources they need to exercise their human rights
- Influence the development of law to recognise the needs of people who are socially or economically disadvantaged
- Assist people who would otherwise be denied access to justice, due to social or economic disadvantage, to exercise their legal rights
- Provide free legal advice and information
- Empower people to address their legal problems
- Increase community awareness of the law
- Produce clear, easy-to-read publications
Our Mission Statement is framed and proudly displayed to our clients in our Reception Area. That mission is: “Our mission is to maximize access to professional legal advice and services on behalf of persons who would otherwise be unable to access such advice or services.”
For more information on any of the above, please call us on 07 5532 9611.