All donations go directly to the running of the Centre and ensuring we can continue to provide free legal advice and assistance to the Gold Coast community.
The Gold Coast Community Legal Centre is an incorporated association and Public Benevolent Institution with endorsement by the Australian Taxation Office as a deductible gift recipient. The Centre is also recognised by the Australian Taxation Office as an income tax exempt charitable entity and is registered as a charity under the Charities Act 2013.
We receive funding from the Federal and Queensland governments but donations from clients and supporters are an essential source of income for the day-to-day running of the Centre.
How To Donate
Donations can be made electronically via GiveNow by clicking here
How Your Funds Are Used
Your donation makes a real difference to the day-to-day running of the Centre. All donations go directly to the running of the Centre and ensuring we can continue to provide free legal advice and assistance to the Gold Coast community. Your donation, however big or small, makes a real difference. Here are some examples of how your donation can assist our Centre.
- $5 – can pay for the advice provided in one appointment; covering all printing costs for letters written, handouts, documents printed, envelopes and stamps. Our Centre would not be able to provide the advice and assistance without the use of printing and posting services. All printing and posting is done free of charge for clients, so your donation contributes to replenishing those vital supplies.
- $15 – can cover the costs of volunteers each week. Our Centre would not be able to run efficiently without volunteers in reception. Volunteers offer their time on a weekly basis and are repaid by way of free tea, coffee and biscuit facilities as well as free computer, internet and phone use whilst on their shift.
- $20 – can cover the daily utility expenses we incur at our office location where we provide legal advice and assistance. This covers the electricity, internet and phone charges which are a necessary part of the office environment. We would not be able to operate without these essential facilities.
- $40 – can cover the costs a solicitor uses to provide advice and assistance on a daily basis, covering all printing, photocopying, stationary and postage expenses for a whole day’s worth of appointments.
- $100 – can cover the costs of providing casework to one client. This involves detailed assistance by a solicitor where there are multiple letters written, many court documents completed, printed and posted, phone calls made and many hours of work that go into the legal matter. Your donation can assist in ensuring disadvantaged and vulnerable people can continue to receive ongoing specialised assistance.
- $200 – can pay for a deaf interpreter to assist a client for one hour. This is an important service for those who are deaf.
- $300 – can cover one solicitor in court for a whole day acting on a duty lawyer basis. We provide a duty lawyer program out of the Coolangatta Magistrates Court on a weekly basis but we are not funded for our attendance. This donation could cover the costs for the solicitor to be in court for the day to provide immediate relief to people in the domestic violence court.
All donations over the value of $2 are tax-deductible.
The Gold Coast Community Legal Centre would like to acknowledge the following donations provided: City of Gold Coast | Bond University | Griffith University.
If you have any questions about the above information, or would like to get in touch with us in regards to making a donation, please call (07) 5532 9611.