The Gold Coast Community Legal Centre can advise on a number of generalist legal areas. If you’re unsure about whether we can provide advice or not, please contact us.

Our reception volunteers can assist by booking an appointment or refer you to an organisation that might be of assistance. Some of the issues we can provide advice on, include but are not limited to, minor debts, neighbourhood disputes, motor vehicle accidents, employment law, tenancy and body corporate matters, as well as Centrelink disputes and welfare rights issues.

Minor Debts

If someone owes you money or you owe someone money, the Centre can advise on the following areas relating to minor debts:

  • Letters of demand
  • Who to make a claim from
  • The processes of debt collection through the Queensland Civil and Administrative Tribunal (QCAT) or a Queensland civil court
  • Application or response to applications relating to minor debts
  • Enforcement of a QCAT or Magistrates Court monetary judgement where the party has not paid under an Order
  • Dispute resolution processes
  • How to prepare for the hearing of your legal matter in Court
  • Refer you to organisations that might be able to assist you

Neighbourhood Disputes

Do you have an issue with your neighbour or something is happening in your neighbourhood that is causing a dispute? The Centre can give you advice and assistance relating to:

  • Dividing fence issues
  • Tree disputes
  • Noise complaints
  • Nuisance issues
  • Land and building use in neighbourhoods
  • Peace and Good Behaviour Orders

Motor Vehicle Accidents

While the Centre cannot advise on personal injury issues, we can provide information on the following where you have been involved in a motor vehicle accident:

  • Issues relating to accidents where neither driver has insurance
  • Dealing with insurance companies
  • Obtaining money owed from another driver for damage caused to a vehicle

Employment Law

The Centre can advise or provide information relating to the following areas of employment law:

  • Unfair dismissal
  • Employment contracts
  • General protections from bullying, harassment and discrimination

Tenancy & Body Corporate Matters

We can assist both landlords and tenants in relation to:

  • Rent owing
  • Notices to leave
  • Breaches of a lease
  • Bond disputes
  • General duties and responsibilities for tenants and landlords
  • Disputes with body corporate over responsibilities and levies

Centrelink Disputes & Welfare Rights Issues

We can advise on:

  • How to dispute a Centrelink decision
  • Centrelink’s internal dispute resolution process

Please call us on 07 5532 9611 if you wish to book an appointment to discuss these legal matters, or complete our online Booking Form.

Request a Callback


Legal Services


Legal Help






Contact Us


© Gold Coast Community Legal Centre 2024

Website created by RJ New Designs

Translate »